The tutorial I started with is at Mommies Crochet. After working the pattern the first time (not for this order, the first one was for my son), however, I noticed that the beanie turned out a little short. So I started adapting the crochet pattern to meet the measurements I listed in my Sizing Hats post. This time they definitely ended up longer, and (as a result) I'm sure they will fit and look much better. Thanks so much to April for the initial pattern! I have posted results for comparison below.
|This was made from the original pattern|
|And this was after I added a couple rows to the middle. I think I would even|
add at least one more row to the bottom.